Silent Art Auction Fundraising
6pm - 9pm
Gallery Nucleus -
A group of artists is hosting a silent art auction on March 18th 2017 at Nucleus Gallery. All proceeds will benefit Charles Hu’s wife, Carrie, who is suffering from Amniotic Fluid Embolism (AFE), a very rare childbirth emergency (1/80,000 births). AFE is when amniotic fluid enters the mother's blood stream and triggers an allergy-like reaction, which resulted in cardio-respiratory collapse. Immediately after the AFE, Carrie suffered the second phase of a condition known as Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC) which caused abnormal blood clots to occur throughout her body while leading to massive blood loss elsewhere. 73 bags (300cc/bag) of blood transfusion was used to keep her alive. Carrie had suffered a series of strokes that will affect her speech, vision, and hand-eye coordination which the doctors believe can be re-learned over long-term physical therapy and intensive treatment. While they are optimistic that she will eventually make a recovery, they are expecting a long road to rehabilitation which will prevent her from getting back to her normal life and providing for her family in the coming years.
Both Charles and Carrie have made a difference in the art community. We would like to give back by creating this fundraiser to help pay for their hospitals bills, neurological rehabilitation, physical rehabilitation, speech therapy, and help to take care of their newborn and their two and a half year old boy. We would appreciate any help to get them through this very difficult period.
Lin Hua Zheng
To view the artworks : http://3kickstudio.com/art-auction-gallery/
BIDS FOR THIS SILENT AUCTION WILL BE TAKEN ON-SITE AND OVER THE PHONE
Call-in bids will be available on a limited basis. To sign up, please go to our contact page : http://3kickstudio.com/contact-us/ and enter your name, email, phone # and use Bidding as the subject. You will then receive your bidding number through email. Online sign-up for call-in bids will close as soon as we reach capacity.
Call-In Bids will be taken as follows:
1. The auction will open at 6:00 PM PST. Have your bidding number and the lot number of the piece you are interested in ready prior to calling.
2. Call the specified line you were emailed to make your bid.
3. We will inform you of the current highest bid for the piece. Place your bid. Bids are made in increments of $20 or more than the current bid.
4. Must give Credit Card # to Hold bid.
5. Final time to call and place a bid is 8:45 pm. After 9:00 PM we will call to inform you ONLY if you are the winner of the lot and will authorize the charge.
6. If you are outbid, you will NOT be charged.
A shipping fee of $15.00 - $50 will be added on domestic bids and we will ship it out at the end of the auction the following week, international will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
You will receive an email once the piece is mailed.